Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana: In January of the Year 2020 the Government of B.S Yeddyurappa launched the Muzrai Mass Marriage Scheme officially termed as the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana intended for Hindu couples residing in the State of Karnataka. This scheme intends to support the marrying couples (can be multiple marriage) by providing them with monetary assistance.
The Karnataka Government arranges mass marriage programs at some chosen and shortlisted temples with a monetary contribution of a total sum of INR 55,000 towards the bride and the groom. These organised mass marriages are a great support knowing that marriages can be very expensive for some middle class families or people living below poverty level, it is a very crucial step towards contributing and it is also a form of a wedding gift given to the couples on behalf of the nation or the concerned State if I may.
It reduces a huge part of a burden on the family’s shoulder as in India marriage is considered sacred and is often compelled to be grand.
The Mass Marriage Schemes like Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana aids such families in the expenditure cutting a huge chunk of cost for this auspicious occasion.
The Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana was supposed to be initiated and performed during the month of April and May, but upon the unfortunate events of the Covid-19 pandemic, it was on a halt and postponed to a later date.
As the lockdown ended with an insularity on how the distant future would unfold, the Government out of a precautionary step conducted the scheme’s agenda and hosted two marriages in a span of a month i.e thirty days.
Overview of Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
|Scheme||Saptapadi Vivah Yojana.|
|Type||State Govt. Welfare Scheme (Karnataka).|
|Article Category||Karnataka Scheme|
Salient Features of Karnataka’s Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
- The Government aspires to support the people who are unable to afford a decent marriage reception because of a lack of money.
- Upon the completion of marriage the Government offers a total sum of INR 5,5000 for the couple to start their life as a pair.
- The pair gets all the benefits when they register their marriage and marry as per the organising authority’s date and time.
- These mass marriages are organised at the shortlisted temples on carefully scheduled dates, with a lot of Muzurai Temples across the State a hundred temples have been shortlisted for the mass marriage ceremonies.
- These mass marriage ceremonies are funded by the Muzrai Temples, under the supervision of the Religious Endowment Department of the State.
- The Government has made claims on a thousand marriages being held annually.
- The groom gets a grant of a sum of INR 5,5000 Rupees to kick start their married life.
- If the pair gets married in a private ceremony then the Scheme is void.
The Merits of Saptapadi Vivah Yojana.
- It takes away a lot of financial strain from a household.
- Marriages are normally highly expensive events and this scheme has the potential to make it affordable.
- It validates the registration of marriage then and there.
- A “mangalsutra”, a religious necklace symbolising marriage worth INR 40,000 is included too.
- A sum of INR 5000 Rupees sanctioned for the attire of the marriage towards the bride groom.
- and lastly a sum of INR 10,000 is sanctioned to the bride.
The eligibility standards for the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme.
- The applicant should be a resident of Karnataka i.e holding a domicile.
- The bride should not be under eighteen years of age and the groom should not be under twenty-one years old.
- Only the population that belongs to the Hindu community can avail the scheme.
- The marriage should be held under their parent’s supervision and consent.
- The marriage should have their parents in attendance.
What are the documents required for the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme?
The documents that are mandatory when applying for the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme are
- Aadhar Card to be submitted by both the participants of the marriage i.e bride and groom.
- Address Proof of the participants which could be derived from utility bills, Aadhar, Voter ID, etc.
- Proof of age i.e Birth Certificate.
- A letter stating the consent of the parents of the participants i.e bride and groom.
You May Also Like:
How can we register for the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme?
Registering to the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme is fairly easy let me show you how:
- There are no online portals dedicated to the Yojana at the moment and so most of the registration proceeds offline i.e physical transaction.
- If you want to register for the same then you must visit the Muzrai Temples that are shortlisted for marriage.
- The pair has to register themselves thirty days prior to marriage at the venue.
- The pair must provide all the mandatory documents that are mentioned above with a properly filled application form.
- Upon the completion of the process you will be provided by the details of the marriage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Are there any online registration facilities available for the registration of the scheme?
Unfortunately, thereare no registration facilities deployed online at this point of time.
Question: What are the monetary aids given to the registered yet-to-be married couple?
The monetary aid under the yet-to-be married couples includes a mangalsutra worth INR 40,000 Rupees for the bride, a sum of INR 10,000 Rupees in cash for the bride and a sum of INR 5000 Rupees in cash to the groom.
Question: Is the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Scheme only for the Hindus?
Yes, one of the mandatory eligibility standards in availing of the scheme is being a Hindu.
Question: Can a hindu couple that marry under the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana proceed without the consent of their parents?
A consent letter is mandatory for the commencement of the marriage under the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana.
Question: What would be the venue for the said mass marriages ceremonies to be held at?
The mass matrimonial ceremonies are held at Muzrai temples which are shortlisted by the authorities.
Question: Who inaugurated the Karnataka Kayaka Yojana ?
It was inaugurated by the Hon’able C.M of Karnataka H.D Kumaraswamy.