Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme: This scheme is launched by the Government of Karnataka aspiring to support the agricultural workers in the State. The scheme intends to help the farmers not by monetary funding but by introducing a cheaper energy source for the farmers to utilise with less expense output and more sustainability. This is a major upgrade for all the farmers in the front of irrigation.
The Government of Karnataka aspires to bring the Surya Raitha Scheme intending to introduce the farmers to Solar Power Development. This has the potential to generate extra income and a renewable source of energy that would save nature promoting less expense and a higher monthly income.
Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme 2022
The Surya Raitha Scheme has finally been inaugurated by the authorities at the Government of Karnataka as a method to help the farmers gain an advantage of the solar power and get good salaries. The scheme is known as the Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme which was launched in the Year 2020. We will talk about the exact procedure, eligibility standards, documents and objectives laid out as the government would like to achieve with this scheme.
The State government of Karnataka has initiated the Surya raitha scheme to aid and support the farmers in the agricultural front of India. With this cutting edge technology to harvest solar power and provide a direct supply to their Agricultural farms. Therefore, relieving the cost and the power usage required to go about their daily cultivation regime. The conditions in the rural areas implies that there are many weak spots regarding electricity reaching these areas. This will reduce the electricity cost and the bills they are burdened with on a very high scale. This new solar energy based power generation in their daily activities will ensure a better yield and less stress on these agronomists ensuring a higher salary as well.
In these coming times because of the pandemic the agriculturists have been subjected to quarantine depriving them of their daily routines. Hence, hampering their financial status and it has led to them protesting against the expenses they have to cover for the same.
Overview of Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme
|Scheme/Yojana||Karnataka Surya Raitha Yojana|
|Launched By||The Government of Karnataka|
|Administration||Ministry of New and renewable energy|
|For||The Agriculturists in the State|
|Launched on||19th Jan 2019|
|Purpose||To provide clean and abundant renewable energy|
Merits of the Surya Raitha Scheme Karnataka.
The State government of Karnataka has planned on adding solar pumps at the existing ranchers to supplant the water systems to work under the energy which is solely solar based.
The Government had implied these strategies in a place called kanaka pura on the 19th of January 2019 and the statistics have shown very good results.
The State government of Karnataka has recorded that these solar based water pumps generate more water than the traditional electricity based IP water pump sets. These pumps generate about one third of all out vigour created to the adjacent power network. The State government of Karnataka will replace 310 electricity based IP pumps with solar based pumps.
With this technology an average farmer can earn upto INR 50000 Rupees Annually with a 10 KiloWatt solar power.
This also adds up to the revenue by minimising cost on self consumption for irrigation. If the energy generated is more than the threshold then the extra energy is further directed to the grid making it a source of revenue for the farmers.
Eligibility Standards for the Surya Raitha scheme
- The expectant must be a citizen of the State i.e holding a domicile.
- The Individual must be an Agriculturist or a farmer.
- The expectant must have enough land holding to house a solar panel to be installed.
- The Individual must be working and utilising the resources in accordance to the Agribusiness.
The Objective of Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme
- The Government provides minor loans with 0% Interest rates.
- It merges several subsidies for the farmers.
- The agreements would last for a period of twenty-five years.
- It generates more than the required energy for the farmers for cultivation.
Documents Required to avail the Surya Raitha Scheme
The documents that are mandatory for the availing of the Surya Raitha scheme are as follows :
- Aadhar Card of the Agriculturist applying for the Surya Raitha scheme.
- Landholding certificates and proof of ownership.
- Passport-size photographs of the Agriculturists.
- Proof of residence including the Domicile.
- Details of the Bank Account associated with the Agriculturists.
- Contact number of the farmer initiating the transaction.
How to Apply for The Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme?
- Firstly, you would have to visit their official portal i.e kredl.karnataka.gov.in.
- Upon the loading of the homepage you would have to locate the “Online application for off grid solar water pumping system under PM – Kusum component- B.
- After clicking on this the page will direct you to an application form.
- On this application form some of your personal details are required i.e name, fathers or husband’s name, start date, gender, aadhar card, bank account, land ownership details, caste certificates, ration card, etc.
- After double checking of the details to make sure that all the informations are entered correctly, click on submit.
You May Also Like:
The Solar pump sets are installed in four phrases as given in the chart below:
|Phrases||No. of Pumps||Price/Pump||Budget||Progress till Nov 2019|
Important Contact details
If you have kind of questions then you can reach them with the following contact details
Contact Number: 080-22207851/ 080-22208109
Fax Number: 080-22257399
Email-ID: [email protected]
Address: Room No. 236, Second floor, Vikasa Soudha, Doctor B.R Ambedkar Street, Bangalore-560001.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why did the government of Karnataka inaugurated the Surya raitha Scheme?
The main purpose of this scheme is to install solar water pumps to as many farmers as possible.
Question: Are non-Agriculturist eligible for the scheme?
This scheme is solely for the farmers that are holding land enough to set up solar panels for the solar pump.