Karnataka Farmers Child Scholarship Yojana for Higher Education of Farmers’ Children 2022
The Karnataka government has announced the Karnataka Famer Child Yojana or the CM Raitha Vidya Nidhi Yojana on 7th August, 2021. Under this scheme, educational scholarships will be given to eligible farmers’ children.
The Chief Minister of Karnataka, Basavaraj Bommai, has initiated this scheme in order to support the higher education of farmers’ children and this scheme will be implemented from the current financial year. The official online portal for availing the Karnataka Farmers Child Scholarship Yojana 2022 by filling an online application form is https://raitamitra.karnataka.gov.in/english.
Keep reading to know the surrounding details of the Karnataka Farmers Child Scheme such as the eligibility criteria and steps to be followed for online application.
Steps to apply for the CM Raitha Vidya Nidhi Yojana :
Step 1: First open the official website of the Farmers Child Scheme at https://raitamitra.karnataka.gov.in/english.
Step 2: Scroll down to the ‘Online Services’ section of the home page.
Step 3: Under the Online Services section, you will see a link titled ‘Scholarship Program for Farmer Children’. Click on that link.
Step 4: You will then be redirected to the State Scholarship portal. You can either view this page in Kannada or in English.
Step 5:The page will ask if you have an Aadhar card. Click ‘Yes’ and fill your Aadhar number, your name as on your aadhar card, gender and check the checkbox for consent.
Step 6: Then click the green button ‘Proceed’.
Step 7: You will now be able to see the application form.
You can either visit the official website of the scheme or click this direct link for the Karnataka Farmer Child Scholarship Scheme 2022- https://ssp.postmatric.karnataka.gov.in/2122_ca/
The Karnataka government plans to implement the Karnataka Farmer Child Yojana soon as the announcement has already been made. The CM has also set aside a budget of Rs. 1000 crore for this scheme after his first cabinet meeting. The Chief Minister has also given his instructions to the concerned department to start the Farmer Child Scholarship for Higher Education Scheme in the state of Karnataka as soon as possible.
There are numerous benefits that can be enjoyed by farmers’ children in the context of their educational expenses under the Raitha Vidya Nidhi Yojana 2022. But for availing those benefits, there are certain eligibility criteria decided by the government of Karnataka which have been given in the article.
You May Also Like:
Overview Of The Karnataka Farmers Child Scholarship Yojana 2022
|Name of the scheme||Farmer Child Scholarship Scheme or CM Raitha Vidya Nidhi Yojana|
|Year of implementation||2021|
|State of implementation||Karnataka|
|Announced by||The Government of Karnataka|
|Beneficiaries||Children of farmers|
|Objective of the scheme||To provide financial help to farmer’s children for their higher education|
|Mode of application||Online mode|
|Eligibility of children for availing scheme||Students who have completed their class 10th and pursuing higher education|
|Date of announcement||7th August, 2021|
|Official website of the Farmer Child Scholarship scheme||https://raitamitra.karnataka.gov.in/english|
|Direct link for scheme portal||https://ssp.postmatric.karnataka.gov.in/2122_ca/|
|Official website of Karnataka government||https://www.karnataka.gov.in/english|
|Article category||Government Scheme|
All the interested candidates in the state of Karnataka can now apply online for the Farmer Child Yojana 2022. Those children/students who have completed their class 10th and are now doing various degree courses under registered colleges and universities are eligible for the said financial help being provided by the state government. The scholarship amount for girls is 3000 rupees and for boys the amount is 2500 rupees. Read below for detailed eligibility criteria and exact scholarship amount.
Eligibility Criteria For Karnataka Farmers Child Scholarship For Higher Studies Yojana
There are certain terms and conditions imposed by the Karnataka Government with reference to who gets to avail the benefits of the scholarship scheme. Here is the detailed eligibility criteria for the scheme-
- Firstly, only those children whose parents are farmers are allowed to take financial benefits from this scheme.
- Secondly, the applicant should be a permanent resident of the state of Karnataka and not of any other state in India.
- The applicant student must have completed their 10th standard and must be pursuing their higher education.
- If the candidate student is a farmer child but the family is already taking benefits on the basis of marriage or any other type of educational scholarship under any other scheme, they will not be eligible under this scheme.
- The scholarship amount under the Kisan Child Yojana will vary according to the course.
- You are not eligible for this scholarship if you want to take a scholarship in any post-graduation courses.
Scholarship Amount Under Farmers Child Scheme 2022 In Karnataka
The annual scholarship amount will be transferred to the respective bank accounts of the students instantly who have completed their 10th class and are currently studying any professional courses at any recognized university, college or institution.
- As per the government orders, boys who are enrolled in ITI or PUC courses will receive a sum of Rs. 2500, while girls will receive a sum of Rs. 3000.
- Boys who took admission in BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BE, MBBS or other professional courses will receive Rs. 5000 while girls under the same courses will receive Rs. 5500.
- Boys who are studying law, nursing, paramedical science and other vocational courses will receive Rs. 7500 while girls will receive Rs. 8000.
- The amount for male and female candidates pursuing their post-graduation will be Rs.10000 and Rs. 11000, respectively.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1. What is the objective of the Farmer Child Scholarship Scheme?
Ans. To encourage the farmer children of the state of Karnataka to pursue their higher studies.
Q2. Can I apply for the scheme if I’m not from Karnataka?
Ans. No, the scheme serves only the residents of Karnataka.
Q3. When was the Farmer Child Yojana announced?
Ans. 7th August, 2021.