The government of Karnataka is about to launch the Mathrushree Scheme (ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಮಾತೃಶ್ರೀ ಯೋಜನೆ) for pregnant women; read all related details here
Karnataka Mathushree Scheme will be soon launched by the Karnataka State Government for the benefit of the financially backward pregnant women of the state of Karnataka. Under the Karnataka Mathushree Scheme, the state government will provide a financial support of Rs. 6,000 through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) to the pregnant women of the state below the poverty line. Official website of the benefits portal of India is https://services.india.gov.in/.
The Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme, also called the ‘Maternity Benefit Scheme’, aims to provide financial help to the pregnant women of the state who are Below Poverty Line (BPL). According to the government, the amount will be given to the pregnant women for three months before the delivery date and three months after the delivery date, for Rs, 1000 for each month.
Keep reading the article for more information like the eligibility criteria, application procedure etc.
Overview Of The Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme|
|Year of launch of the scheme||2018|
|Year of start of implementation of the scheme (tentative)||1st November, 2018|
|Date of launch of the scheme||7th July, 2018|
|Launched by||The government of Karnataka|
|State of launch||Karnataka|
|Launched by||Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy|
|Objective of the scheme||To extend financial support to the pregnant women of the families belonging to the BPL category|
|Beneficiaries of the scheme||Pregnant women belonging to the BPL category|
|Official website of the scheme||https://services.india.gov.in/|
|Article category||Karnataka government scheme|
What Is The Eligibility Criteria For The Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme?
The BPL (Below Poverty Line) families who are seeking financial help for their pregnant women under this scheme must meet some prescribed eligibility criteria established by the Karnataka government. We have enumerated here the required eligibility criteria below in simple form-
- Firstly, the Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme requires that the beneficiary be a permanent resident of the state of Karnataka.
- Secondly, as the government is providing financial help, it is also required that the candidates be enlisted in the BPL (Below Poverty Line) list.
- The candidates should also have the government documents to prove that they are below the poverty line such as the BPL certificate. Failing to submit these documents, the candidate will not be considered eligible for this scheme.
- The financial grant will only be provided for the first two children of the pregnant women. If in case the pregnant woman is already having two children, she will not be eligible under the Mathrushree pregnancy scheme by the Karnataka government.
What Is The Application Process For The Mathrushree Scheme?
After the announcement of the Mathrushree pregnancy scheme, the government indicated that the scheme is most likely to roll out during November of 2021. However, the state government and its respective departments are still working on planning the final implementation of the scheme and the application procedures.
Given below are the processes involved in the application for the Mathrushree scheme-
- The applicants first need to visit the nearest available Anganwadi Centre (AWC) and then the ASHA/Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) workers in the AWC centre.
- The ASHA workers in the AWC centres will assist the respective candidate in filling out the application form for the Karnataka Madhushree Pregnancy assistance scheme.
- The ASHA workers will also verify your documents required for the registration process such as aadhar card, your BPL certificate, ration card, your pregnancy reports (or reports of the beneficiary pregnant woman) and your bank account details of the account to which you want the funds to be transferred.
The government of Karnataka is already successfully implementing the Mathrushree yojana in a phased manner with the first phase beginning on 1st November, 2018.
According to official reports, as on June, 2019, around 4726 pregnant women got the financial benefit from the CM’s Mathrushree Yojana. The women still in need of this financial support need to visit their closest Anganwadi centres and get in contact with the Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) for getting the benefits of the scheme.
Moreover, the Mathrushree scheme is only applicable for the first two children or first two deliveries of a woman. The Karnataka state government will directly transfer the scheme amount to the aadhar-linked bank accounts of the eligible pregnant women who are registered with the ASHA workers.
What Is The Mathru Purna Scheme For Pregnant And Lactating Women?
Along with the Mathru Shree scheme, the state government of Karnataka is also implementing the Mathru Purna Scheme for poor pregnant and lactating women across the state of Karnataka. Under the Mathrupurna yojana, the aim is to provide at least one nutritious and healthy meal on a daily basis to pregnant women, especially those women who are living in the rural areas of the state.
By providing healthy and nutritious meals to pregnant women, the scheme will have a direct impact on the health status and the well-being of the pregnant women and their unborn child.
Under the Mathru Purna scheme, the approximate cost of each meal being provided could be around Rs. 21 per meal. The meals will be provided to the pregnant women for a period of 15 months, i.e., starting from the time of the pregnancy up to six months after the delivery of the child. The Mathru Purna yojana will help a lot in curbing child malnutrition across the state of Karnataka.
The Karnataka state government had also launched micro-nutrients for pregnant women living in the backward areas of the state under the Mathru Pushtivardhini Scheme, under the National Health Mission (NHM).
The Karnataka government had recently made an announcement to extend the scheme to the thirty districts of the state.
You May Also Like:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How much is the amount under the Mathrushree scheme?
Ans. The amount is Rs. 6000 under the Mathrushree yojana.
Q2. How to apply for the Mathrushree scheme?
Ans. Visit the nearest Anganwadi centre and get in contact with the ASHA workers there.