mPassport Seva App [Installation and Download] Launched in India [ Passport application form , Confirmation Inquiry Availability] [Registration, Online Process, Status]
mPassport Seva App: Each year, thousands of people fill in and submit application to obtain a passport. But many fail to take care of the nitty-gritty. People living in remote areas cannot get easy access to the passport offices. In order to provide an elegant solution of this problem, the central government has launched a new mobile application that will allow interested candidates to apply for a passport online, with the help of this app. The name of this unique mobile application is mPassport Seva App.
mPassport Seva App Overview
|Name of the new application
|mPassport Seva App
|Date of official launch
|26th June, 2018
|Smt. Sushma Swaraj
|External Affairs Minister, India
|Help Line Number
mPassport Seva App Key features
- Target beneficiaries – All people, who are interested in applying for a passport will be able to make use of this application.
- Free app – The app is available free of cost. Anyone can download it from Google Store or App Store
- For Android as well as iPhones – Two different versions of this app has been launched. One is compatible with phones that run on Android operating system and the other is compatible with Apple phones.
- Size of the app – The size of this application is 1.6 mb.
- Number of services available – As of now, the application offers ten different services. These services are mentioned down below.
mPassport Seva App – How to download the application?
- Any individual who desires to download the application will have to get on Google PlayStore or App Store, depending on the operating system of the phone.
- Once the individual has logged on these stores, he/she needs to generate a search with the name of this new app. It will offer the official link of the app.
- To bypass this step, one can directly get to the official link of the app by clicking on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.mea.psp. iPhone users can download the same app by clicking on the link https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/mpassport-seva/id723492146?mt=8.
- As soon as the link opens, one can download and install the app by clicking on “Download” and “Install” buttons respectively.
mPassport Seva App – How to register an account?
- Once the application has been installed in the mobile phone, the user needs to click on the option that is marked as “New User Register”
- It will open the account registration page where user needs to fill in details like good name, surname, pick the nearest passport office, birth date and e-mail ID. After this the user has to pick a login name and password.
- Once the registration is complete, the person has to officially activate the app with his/her login credentials.
- Once this is done, users can enjoy all the services that the passport application app offers.
You May Like:
mPassport Seva App – How to apply for a passport online?
- To make the passport registration from this app, users need to login with their chosen IDs and passwords. Once they gain access, they get to get to the “Apply for Passport” option.
- They need to fill in the details, which have been highlighted on this app page.
- After filling these details, applicants need to pay the specified money, and confirm slots.
- Only after the local police station submits a successful verification reports, the Regional Passport Office or the RPO will create and dispatch the person’s passport.
mPassport Seva App Services
- Status Tracker – To keep a tab on the status of passport application.
- Document Advisor – To get details about necessary papers, which are required during application and verification.
- Existing User Login – It will allow already registered application to get the main menu easily.
- Locating centers – With this application, users can get the address of Passport Seva Kendra or Passport Offices located near them.
- FAQs – The app also offers access to frequently asked questions, which will offer a better understanding to new users.
- Appointment Availability – It is possible to check available appointment dates and pick one according to the user’s preference.
- Fee Calculator – User can also use the free calculator option to get an idea about how much money he/she needs to pay.
- New User Register – Apart from existing login, this will allow people to open a new registration account with ease.
- Annexures / Affidavits – In case one needs any information about applying for an affidavit, then the app offers details about that too.
- Contact Us – Apart from the services mentioned above, one can also get the details of how to get in touch with the passport officers.
mPassport Seva application status?
The app has been launched recently. Thus, details about checking application status and verification of document application are still to be released. As these details are released, respective authority will upload it on the official site of the app.
mPassport Seva Helpline and contact details
In case a person needs to check any instructions about the application process or the app, he/she can attain it by calling on the number 1800-258-1800. One can also click on the link passportindia.gov.in to get necessary information.
Thanks to this unique application, people will no longer have to line up outside the Regional Passport Office or Passport Seva Kendras. The same task can be done from the comfort of their homes. It is another comprehensive step, taking by the central government towards development of digitization.