KVPY Syllabus 2022-23, Exam Scheme and SA,SB,SX Streams Paper Pattern released for Class 11 and Class 12
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (known as KVPY) is an annual scholarship exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. KVPY exam is held to enable and encourage students to consider research careers in the area of basic sciences. The IISc plans to conduct the KVPY exam for the year 2022-23 on 9th January, 2022.
The exam pattern and the syllabus for KVPY 2022 has been released by the IISc on it’s official website i.e. http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm. The posted exam pattern for KVPY exam 2022 included the distribution of marks, number of questions in each section of the question paper, exam syllabus along with the KVPY qualifying marks. The subjects that will be included in the KVPY exam 2022 are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
Important Details About The KVPY Scholarship Exam 2022-23
|Name of exam||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana(KVPY)|
|Conducted by||Indian Institute of Science(IISc), Bangalore|
|Exam type||Competitive scholarship exam|
|Registration date for application||July, 2021|
|Date of exam||9th January, 2022|
|Link of Old Questions of KVPY||http://kvpy.iisc.ac.in/main/2020-questionpapers.htm|
|Article category||Syllabus and exam pattern|
Key Points Of KVPY Exam (SA, SB, SX)
- The exam for SA stream will be held from 9.30 am-12.30 pm. For SB/SX streams, exam time will be 2.00 pm-5.00 pm.
- Question paper will be both in Hindi and English.
- The KVPY question paper will consist of two sections. These two parts will each include four parts.
- There will be 60 questions in the Part 1 of the SA exam and each section will have 15 questions. Part 2 will have 20 questions, 5 from each of the areas.
- There will be 80 questions in the Part 1 of the SB/SX exam. There will be 20 questions from each section. Part 2 will have 40 questions, 10 from each section.
- The paper will include Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). All questions in the SA stream are mandatory. For SB/SX, candidates can attempt any three parts from Portion 1 and any two parts from Part 2.
- The question paper of KVPY exam 2021 for all the streams i.e. SA, SB and SX will be for a total of 100 marks.
- For each correct answer in Part 1, one mark will be awarded and for each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- For each correct answer in Part 2, 2 marks will be awarded. For each incorrect answer in Part 2, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
- The total duration of the KVPY exam 2021 will be three hours for all the three streams.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What will be the difficulty level of the KVPY exam 2021?
Ans. The questions in the KVPY exam are generally moderate to difficult.
Q2. Is the usage of a calculator allowed in KVPY?
Q3. Is there a repetition of questions in KVPY from previous years questions?
|Sundarban News Today Home Page||Click Here|
|Official Website of KVPY||Click Here|
|View Old Question Papers of KVPY||Click Here|