Who has the worlds biggest hands? The Guinness World Records recognize Sultan Kösen from Turkey as the person with the world’s largest hands. Kösen’s hands measure an incredible 28.5 centimeters (11.22 inches) from the wrist to the tip of his middle finger.
Born in 1982 in the province of Mardin, Turkey, Kösen’s growth was normal until the age of ten when he started experiencing excessive growth hormone production. As a result, he was diagnosed with acromegaly, a rare condition that causes abnormal growth of bones and tissues, resulting in gigantism.
Person with biggest hand in the world
Kösen is not just known for his abnormally large hands, but he is also the world’s tallest living person, measuring 251 centimeters (8 feet 2.8 inches) tall. His size has made everyday activities, like finding clothes that fit and traveling, challenging. Despite the difficulties he has faced, Kösen has embraced his uniqueness and become an ambassador for those with disabilities and those who are differently-abled.
Why Sultan Kösen has a big hand?
Kösen’s hands have a circumference of over 30 centimeters (12 inches), and his fingers are almost 30 centimeters (1 foot) in length. His hand size has made everyday activities challenging, from simple tasks such as writing to more complex activities such as playing sports. However, Kösen has learned to adapt to his condition and has even worked as a farmer before his recognition by Guinness World Records.
Other people with abnormally large hands have also been documented throughout history. For example, Robert Wadlow, also known as the Alton Giant, was the tallest person in recorded history, measuring 2.72 meters (8 feet 11.1 inches) tall. His hand span measured 28 centimeters (11 inches), which is smaller than Kösen’s hands.
In conclusion, Sultan Kösen from Turkey has the world’s largest hands, measuring 28.5 centimeters (11.22 inches) from the wrist to the tip of his middle finger. His size has made everyday activities challenging, but he has embraced his uniqueness and become an ambassador for those with disabilities and those who are differently-abled. While other people with large hands have been documented throughout history, Kösen’s hands remain the largest on record.
Frequently Asked Question
Who is Sultan Kösen?
- Sultan Kösen is a Turkish farmer who holds the Guinness World Record for having the world’s tallest living male.
How tall is Sultan Kösen?
- Sultan Kösen is 8 feet 2.8 inches (251 cm) tall.
What caused his height?
- Sultan Kösen’s height is caused by a condition called pituitary gigantism, which is the result of an overactive pituitary gland.
When was Sultan Kösen diagnosed with pituitary gigantism?
- Sultan Kösen was diagnosed with pituitary gigantism when he was 10 years old.
How did Sultan Kösen’s condition affect his life?
- Sultan Kösen’s condition caused him to stop growing when he was in his early teens and made it difficult for him to find clothing and shoes that fit him properly.
What was Sultan Kösen’s career before he became famous for his height?
- Before becoming famous for his height, Sultan Kösen worked as a farmer.
When did Sultan Kösen receive the Guinness World Record for being the world’s tallest living male?
- Sultan Kösen received the Guinness World Record for being the world’s tallest living male in 2009.
Has anyone been taller than Sultan Kösen?
- No, Sultan Kösen is the tallest living male recorded in history.
Has Sultan Kösen undergone any medical treatments for his condition?
- Yes, Sultan Kösen has undergone medical treatments to control his condition, including surgery to remove the tumor from his pituitary gland.
What is Sultan Kösen doing now?
- Sultan Kösen is currently working as a farmer and travels around the world to attend events and share his story with people. He has also appeared in several TV shows and documentaries.
|Go To Home Page