Punjab Government Has Launched Two Phases of Captain Smart Connect Free SmartPhone Scheme So Far. Know how you can get benefitted from the scheme. [फ्री स्मार्टफोन योजना आवेदन]
Before the Punjab assembly election, the people of Punjab were promised a host of new schemes and reforms. The ruling party had said that if they come to power in Punjab, then they will implement these schemes. These will eventually be beneficial for the people of the state. This scheme has been named the Captain Smart Phone Yojana or Punjab Smart Connect Free SmartPhone Scheme. Now that the Congress has come to power, it is only a matter of time that they will fulfill their promises. The tag Sanjhe Supne’ goes appropriately with the title of the Yojana.
With the support of the people of Punjab, the candidate of Congress party able to win the political battle in the state. Thus, the new CM conveyed his regards to the people of the state with this scheme.
Key Features of Captain Smart Connect Free SmartPhone Scheme
There are no extra points for guessing that the Yojana has been well-received by the ordinary people of Punjab. But the country and the media needs to wait for a certain time as the CM of Punjab might announce some new directives, related to the scheme. But for now, let us look at the salient features of the Captain Smart Phone Scheme:
- Under the program, the Congress government in the state of Punjab will provide each enrolled user a smart mobile handset as a token of thanks. Along with the handset, the government will also provide them with the 3G data package that will last for a full year.
- The smart handset will be enabled with the latest feature of making voice calls. The facility will be provided for no extra charges. Thus, the government will provide the people with the opportunity of making voice induced calls, without sending single penny
- According to the scheme related announcements, the state government, under the leadership of Capt. Amrinder Singh will be distributing a whopping 50 lakh handsets to the commoners. It will be completed within a time frame of 5 years only.
- Under the scheme, each person will be allowed to register with a unique e-mail ID. It has been done so that no one can apply for getting more than one handset. The scheme will allocate one smartphone per person, registering for an ID.
- The government has announced that the “one-time password” for any five registrations will be received on one active and registered mobile number. This has been done to eliminate chances of confusion and foul play.
- Another important announcement made by the Chief Minister, associated with the scheme, is the smart handsets will be distributed to the registered applicants before the Congress government finished the 100 days.
- The scheme was inaugurated on the 20th November, in the year 2016 and the last date of submitting the application for receiving the free smartphone handset had been marked as the 10th December, of the same year.
Objectives of Punjab Free SmartPhone Yojana
After the features, it is time to discuss the objectives of the Captain Smart Phone Scheme. The following points are the main purpose of the implementation of the project:
- The scheme will give the people of Punjab to be accustomed to using the benefits of technology. While using the 3G connection, they will get all kinds of information from the internet itself.
- Most people, belonging to the backward or under educated sectors, are not accustomed to handling the technologies. The use of the smartphones will provide then with the knowledge they need to be a part of the technological communication boom. This will enable them to overcome the fears associated with the use of technologies.
- The implementation of the scheme will also provide the common people of the state advantage of using the technological platforms for improving the modes of communication among themselves.
Eligibility Criteria of Punjab Free SmartPhone Scheme
If you have any doubts about the eligibility, then this section will assist you in getting a better idea about what things one must possess to register under the Captain Smart Phone Scheme:
- To be a part of this Yojana, the interested candidate must have a permanent address anywhere within the boundaries of Punjab. They must be a resident of the state.
- All the people, registering under the program must fall within the age bracket of 18 – 35 years. Anyone who is above or below the specified age will not be allowed to register.
- The government scheme will only allow those candidates to acquire the benefits who have successfully passed the 10th or the matriculation exams.
- According to this directive, only those people will be allowed to be a part of the scheme who do not earn more than 6 Lakhs per annum.
How to enroll for Captain SmartConnect Free SmartPhone Scheme in Punjab
If one is interested in being a part of the Yojana, then he/she has to follow the steps mentioned below to acquire a brand new smartphone from the state government:
- In order to enroll under this unique scheme, one will have to log on to the website. ‘CaptainSmartConnect.com’ is the link that will give the interested candidate access to the page. Once the website opens up, the candidate will have to click on the button that has been marked as “Register now.”
- After doing this, the page will generate the “one time password” which is commonly known as the OTP. This code must be typed in the appropriate place, and then the applicant needs to click on the “submit” option.
- Once the application has been submitted online, the software will generate a unique registration code or ID. This ID will be different for each application. As the person has registered their active call phone number of the e-mail ID, the registration ID or code will be directly sent to the phone via SMS or to the mail ID via email.
- Once the government starts the cell phone distribution procedure, the applicant must produce the code at the centers and get hold of their personal smart mobile phone. Thus, they will be a part of the communication boom.
Specification of The Free SmartPhone Under Punjab Free SmartPhone Scheme
The government of Punjab has decided to provide the common people with the mobile phones, which have a good specification. The following are some of the specification in the model that has been decided upon:
- The display of the mobile phone model is 5inches. The big screen will enable the users in viewing the messages and other documents with ease. The bigger the size of the screen the better it is to operate the touch screen.
- The resolution of the screen of the cell phone model is 720×1280 pixels. This will enable the users in enjoying a clearer and sharper image. It will put less strain on the users’ eyes.
- The touch screen of the model will be fitted with Gorilla glass. This will prevent the screen from being affected by scratches. The touch screen will not break if you accidently drop the mobile phone.
- The mobile phone has an internal memory of 16 GB. Thus, the users will be able to store a lot of files without having to worry about the phone getting hanged. More memory means storing more movies and downloading more applications.
- The RAM of the mobile phone is 3GB. The phone will work faster. Say goodbye to the problems of phones, which hang from time to time. The users will be able to enjoy uninterrupted apps.
- The craze for taking selfies has gripped the entire nation. This cell phone has been equipped with a 5 mp front camera and a 16 mp rear camera. The rear camera is also attached with a flash. So, the users will be able to take snaps in darkness too.
- The mobile phone will operate on a dual sim mode. The first sim will support 4G data connection while the second sim will be equipped to support 3G data connection. To support the entire package, the battery is of 3500 mah.
- To put the icing on the cake, the mobile handset comes with a warranty of one year. Thus, if you encounter any technical issues with the handset, you can get it repaired or exchanged without any cost.
Distribution of the SmartPhones Under the Scheme
It is only a matter of time that the Chief Minister of the state starts the process of distributing the handsets. The people of the state are eagerly waiting for the day when they will get to hold their mobile phones for the first time.
|Sundarban News Today Home Page||Click Here|
|Go To Punjab Government Official Website||Click Here|