NIRF Ranking – Engineering, Universities, Colleges, Management, Overall
NIRF Ranking available at nirfindia.org: MHRD – the concerned Central Government Department responsible for National Institutional Ranking Framework, has announced the release of complete list of 2018 NIRF Ranking Institutions. The list has been released by the Central government for All India basis. The government has made the list available for various faculties including Architecture, Medical, MAB, Universities, Pharmacy, Management, colleges, Law and Engineering institution within the country. The central government has also made the list available online at www.nirfindia.org web portal. Applicants can view complete details, guidelines and parameters for Top 100 ranked institutions as it is described in this article as NIRF Ranking.
Details of NIRF rankings
- As per the authorities NIRF has also ranked IISC Bangalore as top rated institutions within the country. Some other top rated institutions included in the list are IIM Ahmedabad (Management Studies), IIT Madras (IIT studies), Miranda House of Delhi University (College), IIT Kharagpur (Architecture), AIIMS Delhi (Medical), IISC Bangalore (University), NIPER Mohali (Pharmacy) and NLS Bangalore (Law).
- The NIRF has also mentioned and provided with parameters that each university and institute is expected to follow for implementing better education system. The system is also aimed at improvising better system of education and teaching for the students.
2018 – List – Top Educational Institutions (NIRF Ranking)
The system of NIRF ranking was officially introduced by MHRD 3 years back for rating various educational institutions nationwide. The NIRF ranking systems make use of five distinct parameters for rating institutions – Professional and Research Practice, Resources for Teaching and Learning used, Perception, Inclusivity and Outreach and Graduation result outcome. The complete list and details can be checked on the official website at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/Ranking2018.html.
Overall Top Rated Institutions – NIRF Rankings – 2018
As per the ranking, IISC Bangalore institute has been rated as top performing institutions nationwide. The NIRF has also rated 6 IIT institutions out of 10 as best performing institutions. You can view the complete list of institutions at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/OverallRanking.html.
- IISc Bangalore has been awarded with 82.16 points and rated number one while IIT Madras is rated second in the list with 81.39 points. IIT – Bombay, Delhi and Kharagpur have been rated in the third, fourth and fifth category with points between 79.20 to 71.39 on the list.
- JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) has been placed in the next category with 67.57 points while IIT Kanpur and Roorkee have been awarded with 65.39 and 64.93 points.
- Banaras University and Anna University of Varanasi and Chennai have been ranked in 9th and 10th positions on the list with 63.562 and 62.82 point score.
Engineering – 2018 Top rated NIRF ranking Institutions
In the category of engineering colleges IIT has been ranked on top positions by NIRF. Out of 10 colleges, 8 are from IIT faculty and included in the list. You can refer the complete list at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/EngineeringRanking.html.
- Indian Institute of Technology- Madras has been rated as number one in the list with over 88.95 points while IIT Bombay, Delhi Kharagpur, Kanpur and Roorkee have been rated next following in the list from 2nd to 6th positions between 84.82 points to 72.57 points.
- IIT Guwahati has been placed in the seventh category rank with 69.25 points while Anna University has been awarded with 67.04 points. IIT Hyderabad has been awarded with 60.87 points while ICT (Institute of Chemical Technology) has been awarded with 60.63 points in the list.
Universities – 2018 MHRD Rankings
Here again IISC Bangalore has been rated as top in the list followed by JNU and BHU – UP. The entire list can be seen at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/UniversityRanking.html.
- IISC Bangalore, JNU and BHU (Banaras Hindu University) have been placed in the list of top three with 82.16, 67.57 and 63.52 points. Anna University has been rated as number four in the list with 62.82 points.
- University of Hyderabad and Kolkata’s Jadhavpur Universities have been placed in next two category with 60.54 and 59.68 points. DU (Delhi University) has been awarded with 58.69 points.
- AVV Coimbatore, SPP University Pune and Aligarh Muslim University have been rated in bottom three from 8th to 10 position in the list with 58.46, 58.24 and 57.78 points.
College – 2018 NIRF Rankings
The NIRF rankings have listed 5 out of 10 top universities in the list from Delhi with Chennai in the following up list. You can view the list of top colleges at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/CollegeRanking.html.
- Miranda House, St. Stephen’s College, Hindu College, Sri Ram Commerce College and Lady Sri Ram Women College from Delhi have been rated in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th and 8th positions in the list. They have been awarded with 71.00, 70.77, 67.46, 63.98 and 63.53 points.
- Bishop Heber College has been placed in the 3rd position with 67.63 points while Presidency college of Chennai is in 5th Position with 66.21 points. Chennai’s Loyola College is in next category with 66.06 points.
- Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira and Madras Christian College have been placed in 9th and 10th position with 62.79 and 60.74 points in the list.
Management / MBA – 2018 NIRF Ranking
As per the NIRF rankings 2018, IIM Ahmedabad has been rated as number one in the category for MBA studies. The list also includes names of 4 IIT and 5 IIM institutes. You can view the complete list at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/ManagementRanking.html.
- IIM Ahmedabad- Gujarat has been rated as number one MBA institute with 79.18 Points. The next four positions have been awarded to IIM – Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow and Bombay with 77.33, 77.08, 68.63 and 66.80 Points.
- IIM Kozhikode and IIT Kharagpur have been awarded with 6th and 7th Positions and 65.21 and 63.36 Points. In the 8th position is IIT Delhi with 63.31 Points.
- IIT Roorkee has been placed in the 9th Position with 62.95 points while Xavier Labour Relations Institute has managed to gain the 10th position with 62.66 points.
Pharmacy – 2018 NIRF rankings
Mohali’s NIPER has been rated as top ranking institutes for Pharmacy followed by three Bombay based institutes. Complete list has been updated at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/PharmacyRanking.html by MHRD.
- Mohali’s NIPER has been ranked as number one in the category by MHRD with a total points equivalent to 78.20. Delhi’s Jamia Hamdard has been placed in the second position and PU has been placed in the third position with 77.17 and 76.50 points.
- ICT – Mumbai has been placed in next position with 73.69 points while Birla Science and Technology institute has been awarded with 71.92 points. NIPER Hyderabad is in next position with 67.68 points and Manipal College is in next position with 66.31 points.
- Bombay Pharmacy college is in 8th position while SVKM –Mumbai and JSS college Mysore are in 9th and 10th positions with 57.61 and 57.34 points.
Medical Institutes – MHRD Rankings 2018
Under this list AIIMS has managed to gain top position while PGI Chandigarh is in next position. You can see the details at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/MEDICALRanking.html.
- With AIIMs in the first position, PGI – Chandigarh is placed in the second position with 78.73 points. Christian Medical college, Kasturba medical college and King George medical college from Vellore, Manipal and Lucknow are in next three positions.
- Puducherry’s JLN PG Medical institute is in 6th position with 59.2 points while BHU is in next position with 58.52 points. Delhi’s Institute of Liver and Billiary science is in 8th position while AMU- Aligarh is in 9th Chennai’s Ram Chandra College is in 10th position with 55.32 points.
Architecture NIRF Ranking 2018
Two from IIT and one from NIT are placed in top positions in the list. You can check with complete list at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/ArchitectureRanking.html.
- IIT Kharagpur is in Top position with 78.41 points and IIT Roorkee is in next position with 74.24 points. Delhi’s Architecture and planning school is in next position and Trivendrum Engineering college is in forth position with 54.15 points.
- Bhopal Architecture school is in Fifth position with 53.10 Points and Anna University is holding its sixth position with 50.83 Points. Hyderabad JNAFAU is awarded with 49.82 Points and NIT Hamirpur is in 9th position while Udupi’s Municipal Academy is in 10th
Law 2018 NIRF Ranking
NIRF has rated NLSIU as top rated college for Law and entire list of other rated colleges can be seen at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/LAWRanking.html.
- Bangalore NLS has been rated as top in this category with 75.79 points and NLU is placed in second position at 74.58 points. NLU Hyderabad is in third position with 70.95 points.
- IIT Kharagpur is in forth position while Jodhpur University is in next position with 63.50 points. JMI Delhi has managed to gain 59.91 points and Kolkata National University is in next position. RML national Law college is with 54.82 Points and Symbiosis and Ambedkar Law college in Pune and Visakhapatnam are in final two positions.
Any candidate interested in viewing complete list can log on to the official website at www.nirfindia.org or go through the guidelines at https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/pdf/nirf_2018_final.pdf for checking with the NIRF rankings.