Free Sanitary pads scheme Rajasthan Humari Betiya Humara Garv Yojna
Free Sanitary Pads Scheme: Rajasthan state government has announced about a new scheme to be launched soon. Under this scheme women and young girls from the rural area will get sanitary pads from the state government for free. The scheme will be launched to promote women hygiene across the rural area of the state and is now known as Humari Betiya Humara Garv Yojana.
Launch Details of Free Sanitary Pads Scheme
Officially the scheme is yet to be launched. On 12th February 2018, Monday, Chief Minister, Vasundhara Raje has announced about the scheme launch. According to her, the scheme will soon launch across the major parts of the state of Rajasthan.
Free Sanitary Pads Scheme Key Features
- Aim: The scheme aims to spread awareness regarding women hygiene in rural areas. According to the records, most of the young girls drop schools and colleges in rural areas during their periods. To reduce that issue the scheme will soon be launched.
- Eligibility: Girls and women who are aged between 15 years and 45 years will be eligible for the scheme. They will be able to receive benefits under this scheme.
- Distribution: State government will distribute these sanitary pads through colleges, schools, anganwadis, Annapurna bhandars and sub-health centres across the rural areas in the state.
- Budget: Raje has allocated Rs. 76 Cr in this scheme. She announced about the budget allocation on Monday while giving her assembly budget speech.
Benefits of Free Sanitary Pads Scheme
- Along with this scheme, Raje has announced about many other facilities for the inhabitants of the state. She allocated 7.29 Cr to the medical project under which 27 district hospitals will get fire detection and fighting system.
- Alongside development schemes will be launched in more than 550 hospitals and medical institutions for their structural and other developments.
- New primary health centres, PHCs development and upgrade and other facilities will be given in near future in health and medical sector, as said by the CM Raje.
More than 1800 schools will get upgraded and also the state will provide free WiFi to the colleges for study material download and so on. In this assembly budget the state has focussed more on education and health sector, mostly in rural sector.